[GRASS-user] r.contour failing?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Oct 19 00:01:47 PDT 2015

Il 18/10/2015 11:48, Markus Neteler ha scritto:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I cannot get r.contour working. It always takes a lot of CPU, then
>> crashes. Anyone has more joy?
>> grass 7.0.1-2 from Debian sid.
>
> Please post your computational region settings (g.region -p).

Hi,
thanks for following this up. In fact, the region resolution was
unrealistically high, so it's my fault - sorry for the noise.
Nonetheless, there may be something interesting here:
* IMHO the module should exit more gracefully in case of too high
resolution, not crashing
* I did not use that particular location since long, and it is unclear
how the resolution got so high - if this would be due to some upgrades,
that would be unexpected and surprising. If I can collect more data on
this, I'll keep the list posted.
Thanks again.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu