[GRASS-user] wxNviz: decorations do not have any explanatory text and need 2D raster

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 7 02:16:17 PST 2016

Hi,

Trying to add some decorations (scalebar and North arrow) to 3D
visualisations, I noticed the following:

- Without a 2D raster map, no decorations appear. You have to display a
2D raster map, add decorations and then, if you do not want to visualize
the 2D raster (e.g. because you just want to see a series of slices in a
3D raster you can uncheck the 2D raster in the Layers tab. Why the need
for a 2D raster ? Are the two decorations defined based on that raster ?

- Both decorations are without any annotation (no text indicating the
length of the scale bar, no N on the arrow). Is this me missing
something, or is this the way they work ?

Moritz