[GRASS-user] 7.3.svn observations

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:29:28 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>
>> I can see what's the problem now. You typed text in the d.text window
>> which automatically creates a temporary file with that text. Path to that
>> temp file is saved in the gxw file,but then the files are deleted. I don't
>> have currently a good way to fix this. You have to save it into a regular
>> file. Please open a ticket for this.
>

> Anna,
>
>   Did I enter the text in the wrong data entry widget of the dialog box? Or,
> is this a difference between 7.2 and 7.3 that needs resolution?

Not wrong, you used 'input' parameter which accepts file. In GUI you
can type into the field right away and it automatically creates a
temporary file. But if you don't save this file, it will be deleted.
The saved gxw file will have saved the path to temp file, which is the
problem.

The behavior is the same for 7.2 and 7.3.