[GRASS-user] Workaround for pj_transform() failed: failed to load datum shift file

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jul 20 04:04:52 PDT 2017

On 20/07/17 12:11, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:05 AM, Jeshua Lacock <jeshua at 3dtopo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Just FYI - I imported an image into it’s own location with this command:
>>
>> r.in.gdal  input=m_4511664.jp2 output=m_4511664 location=m_4511664
>>
>> In the new location:
>> g.region rast= m_4511664; v.in.region output=bounds
>>
>> When I tried re-projecting the from the created location, I got this error:
>>
>> WARNING: pj_transform() failed: failed to load datum shift file
>> ERROR: Unable to re-project vector map <bounds at PERMANENT> from
>>         <m_4511664>
>>
>> The cause of the error was this line in the PROJ_INFO file in the location created by r.in.gdal (first command shown in this email):
>>
>>          nadgrids: @null
>>
>> After removing that line, reprojection works.
>
> Probably it is this ticket?
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2229

The error is also described in this ticket, but the issue seems to be
the difficulty handling the 'nadgrids: @null' hack GDAL uses (IIUC).

See also [1].

Maybe we can create a workaround for this specific issue in v./r.proj ?

Moritz

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2017-June/076709.html