[GRASS-user] OpenFileGDB input error

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 28 14:43:21 PDT 2017

> I tested with v.in.ogr, and OGR_G_GetLinearGeometry() does not convert
> these beasts into a linear geometry.

Yes that's why I mentionned it. Strictly speaking those geometries are linear (ie they
don't have curves)

> Testing around a bit, the difference between OGR_G_GetLinearGeometry() and
> OGR_G_ForceTo() is very useful. I would prefer to leave the decision if
> these beasts can be safely converted to a linear form with
> OGR_G_GetLinearGeometry() to the GDAL/OGR developers.

I think I considered it at some moment, but decided not for the above mentionned
reason. Perhaps a OGR_G_ForceToOldGoodSevenTraditionalGeometryType() would have
been needed ;-)

http://www.spatialys.com