[GRASS-user] Importing .tif

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 12:33:01 PDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >I did that before too. Did you also note that it takes "too much" >time
> >create the Location using the '.tif' file?
>
> it didn't take a long time to create the location.
>
> Loaded it also in qgis 2.18.x and 3.3.x, always interpreted in another
way.

> It seems these srs aren't well covered by the underlying GDAL and EPSG.

Warnings like "Datum <NAD_1983_CORS96> not recognised by GRASS and no
parameters found" are generally harmless. These descriptions are not always
standardized, depending on how they were created. It is up to the user to
decide if additional parameters are needed.

Generally the safest method to create a new location for georeferenced data
is to use these data directly, unless there is good reason to assume that
the SRS info as returned by gdalinfo / ogrinfo is wrong.

Markus M