[GRASS-user] Importing .tif

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Jul 16 22:57:06 PDT 2018

* Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> [2018-07-14 04:19:53 -0700]:

>>I did that before too. Did you also note that it takes "too much" >time to
>>create the Location using the '.tif' file?
>
>it didn't take a long time to create the location.

For completion, using the same sample I used first in this thread:

```
time grass -c int_43120C4404.tif /geo/grassdb/onsight/nad83_cors96_utm_z10/
..
real    0m25.083s
user    0m0.184s
sys     0m21.699s
``
which is unusually long.

Seeing the other branch of this thread, about using the .tif file: in
this case, there is something in the image's geo-metadata that does not
play nice to create a new Location. Thus, it's best to use one of the
Shapefiles.

Nikos

[rest deleted]