[GRASS-user] Possible Grass Bug

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 30 13:17:15 PDT 2018

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018, ubuntu wrote:

> I came across the command ``d.mon" that does not work the way it is
> supposed to work. The issue is that d.mon start=wx0 does not initiate a
> new display window, nor does d.mon stop=wx0 terminate an existing window.
> Also, ``d.mon -l" or ``d.mon -p" show nothing. In all cases the commands
> are written in the CONSOLE window in the Layer Manager sub-window and when
> the Enter button is hit the following error message appears that ``Command
> 'd.mon' not yet implemented in the WxGUI. Try adding it as a command layer
> instead." It, also, needs to be mentioned that the ``d.rast map=elevation"
> shows the elevation map just fine. It is the d.mon that is not working!
> Please let me know if you need further information.

Nozhan,

   How do you start grass? The default is to start with the GUI. In this case
you already have the monitor wx0 running. Just for giggles, start grass with
'grass text'. When it loads apply the monitor display command 'd.mon
start=wx0' and when you're finished, use 'd.mon stop=wx0' to close the
monitor then enter 'exit' on the grass command line to kill the application.

Regards,

Rich