[GRASS-user] Convert vector to STVDS

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 09:56:00 PST 2023

Hi List,

On 2023-12-01 at 16:30 -08, Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote...
> I have a vector with 115284 lines. From db.select I see
>
> | cat |  ID |       Date |
> |   1 | 278 | 1990-07-10 |
> |   2 | 278 | 1992-07-30 |
> |   3 | 278 | 1994-08-29 |
> |   4 | 242 | 1998-06-05 |
> |   5 | 255 | 2005-03-03 |
>
> That is, 115284 cats and 291 IDs.

Using just one ID to start with (with 80 timestamps) I've created 80 vectors, each with their own layer and v.timestamp. I can then patch these together to one product with multiple layers.

If I t.register all of these, I also see what I expect to see with g.gui.timeline. If I run "g.gui.animation stvds=t" it reports "Topology [...] is invalid".

Is there a way to export STVDs and see the time component in QGIS or KMZ/Google Earth?

Thanks,

  -k.