[GRASS-user] detrending time series maps

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 04:45:28 PST 2023

Hello Ivan,

AFAIU you could use the slope and offset maps from t.rast.series within
t.rast.algebra to detrend the values of the maps within the strds,
something like "detrended_strds = trend_strds - (trend_strds*map(slope) +
map(offset))". Others suggest, to detrend by subtracting the previous
value, i.e. that would imply using the temporal algebra with the temporal
index, something like "detrended_strds = trend_strds[1] - trend_strds[0]".

I haven't tested any of these, just a couple of ideas ;-) However, I do not
know how this might interact with seasonality within data, or irregular
gaps.

hth somehow
Vero