[GRASS-user] How to avoid Grass84 compiling against the system Python3.6?

Hernán De Angelis variablestarlight at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 23:38:40 PDT 2024

I understand you are using openSUSE Leap. At the moment I cannot check
which Python version is offered there as base. Are you sure you cant
install a newer version? If that is not possible you could perhaps install
a newer version using your own separate local environment, using miniforge,
for example.

I use openSUSE Tumbleweed and always build from source. Python 3.11 is the
base version now, with 3.12 starting to be rolled in. Perhaps it is not too
crazy to try TW?

Good luck!

Hernán