[winGRASS] Menu not active

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Aug 31 06:41:51 EDT 2001

Hi Taravudh,

which version of XFree86 do you run? To diagnose the problem i do need
more specific the GRASS, cygwin and XFree version you are running and
what the problem exactly is.

Just a shot in the dark: If you run the previous latest version of
XFree86 you need to download a fix for the xterm which hangs/never
exits.

Please look at the mirror where you downloaded xfree86!:
MIRROR/xfree/xc-4-binaries/4.1.0/fixes/

Oh, i just see that there are no more fixes, so i assume they updated
the main version. Again without changing the version number.
So you will have to download and install xfree again.

HTH,

Andreas

NB:
Please all remember that winGRASS, cygwin _and_ xfree86 are beta
software, so writing a FAQ or updating the installation instructions
makes not much sense at this time.

Taravudh Tipdecho wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After I click on Display menu in order to open Monitor-x0, I cannot click
> on another menu. What is a solution to solve this problem.
>
> Platform: WIN2000
> Base: Cygwin/Xfree
> GRASS ver: 5.0
>
> Thank you.
>
> Taravudh Tipdecho
> THAILAND

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net