[winGRASS] installation problems!

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu May 24 13:50:44 EDT 2001

Hi Viktor,

to help you i need more specific information. Which Windows Version do
you use? Which file system (NTFS, FAT32)? From the message i suspect you
have not the approp. file permissions, are you logged in as
"Administrator"?

Do you have enough free space on the disk you are installing to?

You should be logged in to windows with administrator rights (as
administrator or as a user who is member of the admin group). Your
Cygwin login has the same permissions than your windows login.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Viktor Toth wrote:

> Hi Everybody!
>
> I installed the latest Cygwin/XFree (4.0.3), which is by the way looks like
> it works perfectly, and than tried to install the GRASS (5.0beta12) which
> stopped after installing several files and directories with the following
> message - "an error occurred while installing binaries (are you root
> user?)!". Since I'm completely new to this things (both Cygwin and GRASS)
> can anybody explain me (like to a 4 year old) what I f at cked up during the
> install.
>
> Cheers
>
> vito

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net