[winGRASS] cannot find Init.sh

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 31 07:23:07 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:04:54AM +0300, ziyadin wrote:
> Hi Markus and Malcome,
> Thank you for your recomendations. At first, I
> compiled source code of Baylor last month.
> The problem  was that most of the modules (270 command)
> were not compiled.
> I tried to do it manually using gmake5 but no luck.
> That is why I tried to install a precompiled version.
> This time I got the source code from Hannover (grass5.0.0pre1)
> but, it is the same problem. Forexample none of the raster or mapdev
> was install. The followings are a few examples from the error.log file.
> Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.what (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.surf.idw2 (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/mapdev/v.surf.rst (ignored)

Hi Ziyadin,

these bugs are highly interesting for us. You can get the error message
after typing (adjust the platform name):

 bin.sparc-sun-solaris2.8/gmake5 src/raster/r.what
 bin.sparc-sun-solaris2.8/gmake5 src/raster/r.surf.idw2
 bin.sparc-sun-solaris2.8/gmake5 src/mapdev/v.surf.rst

Please send the error message to me.

BTW: you are posting to the Windows/GRASS mailing list. Please
post the next messages to "grass5" not to bother the subscribers
here, thanks.
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grassdevel.html

I am sure we can quickly fix the problems.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler

> Malcolm Blue wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You should download the more recent binaries.  Grass5 pre-release is
> > available now (after beta 12), or will be available soon for most
> > supported platforms.  Beta9 was replaced by beta10 after 1 day because
> > of "severe installation" bugs.  If the new solaris binaries are not
> > available now, they should be very soon.  Since there have been a lot of
> > improvements since beta9, it will be worth a short wait.
> >
> > If you can't wait, it is usually straight forward to compile yourself.
> > Instructions are available at the grass web site and in the source
> > download.
> >
> > Malcolm
> >
> > ziyadin wrote:
> >
> > > Dear grass user,
> > > I have intalled grass5.0beta9_solaris binaries.
> > > When  i give the command grass5 i get this
> > > error mesage
> > >
> > > /usr/local/bin/grass5: /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: not found
> > > If i fallow the default setup grass is stored in
> > >
> > > /usr/local/grass5/grass5.0beta9_solaris/grass5(/dev etc...)
> > >
> > > I came around this problem and now it is in
> > > usr/local/grass5(/dev etc...)
> > >
> > > I could not find this script. Am I supposed to create it myself?
> > > I would be glad if I could get any help.
> > > Cheers,
> > > Ziyadin
> > > --
>
> --

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984