[winGRASS] Menu not active

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sat Sep 1 07:13:27 EDT 2001

Hi Taravudh, Hi Malcolm, hi all,

just an update:

i updated my XFree86 installation yesterday and can confirm that
the bug that hangs the xterm is there again. I am really angry upon the
Xfree86/cygwin maintainers for re-introducing the same bug again. And i
just deleted the file with the fix...

I have currently no fix/solution, sorry.

Malcolm:
twm once worked with tcltkgrass. There is no need to close or kill the
message window, as it will be closed automatically. But the bug in xterm
does hang the xterm so that the control is not relinquished. Everything
is frozen, i can only restart X11.

HTH,

Andreas

Malcolm Blue wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This one of the twm 'features', I think.
>
> After the monitor starts, there is also a small message window that you need
> to delete (this might be the one that I needed to kill - but try delete
> first) before you can proceed.  You can do this with the twm menu.  If I
> recall correctly, the message window is directly beneath the monitor, so you
> won't see it until you move or minimize the monitor.  (Click on the X
> background to bring up the twm menu. )
>
> HTH,
>
> Malcolm

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net