[winGRASS] problems with installing from sources and ash.exe

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 9 19:06:41 EDT 2001

Fellow list serv members,

In attempting to follow the detailed installing from sources instructions, I
came across an interesting problem.  At some point, it is required to move
ash.exe and sh.exe, but as far as I can tell my installation of cygwin has
no ash.exe, although it does have an as.exe.  Is it possible that this is a
misnamed ash.exe?  If not, can someone direct me as to how I might install
ash for cygwin?  Great work to port grass to windows!  Keep us the good
work!  Thanks.

Ivan Kautter
Department of Environmental Science and Policy
UC Davis