[winGRASS] file size error installing cygwin binaries

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Sep 10 03:38:10 EDT 2001

Hi Ivan,

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 09:29:26PM -0700, Ivan Kautter wrote:
> Fellow list serv members,
>
> In an attempt to see if cygwin grass will be a viable alternative for me, I
> have endeavoured to at least download abd install the binaries since I can
> seem to get the source to comply correctly.  After having attempted to dl
> the binaries 3 times, all of which resulted in what I could see as the
> correct size file 3 seperate times, using either grass5install.sh or its
> cygwin equivalent to install has resulted in an error that says the size of
> the binary package is not correct.  Am I missing something?  Is this is
> commom problem?  Any suggestions?  Thanks much.

please let me know *where* you downloaded the files (hint: I
suggest: http://grass.itc.it/index2.html).

Thanks,

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it