[winGRASS] file size error installing cygwin binaries

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Sep 10 15:02:02 EDT 2001

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Kautter wrote:

> Fellow list serv members,
>
> In an attempt to see if cygwin grass will be a viable alternative for me, I
> have endeavoured to at least download abd install the binaries since I can
> seem to get the source to comply correctly.  After having attempted to dl
> the binaries 3 times, all of which resulted in what I could see as the
> correct size file 3 seperate times, using either grass5install.sh or its
> cygwin equivalent to install has resulted in an error that says the size of
> the binary package is not correct.  Am I missing something?  Is this is
> commom problem?  Any suggestions?  Thanks much.

Which program do you use to download? Sometimes Netscape on Windows or
Internet Explorer corrupt (or uncompress?) files. Where did you download
from?
And you have to install from within a cygwin shell with the
grass5install.sh script from the same directory than the binary tar.gz
file. There is no "cygwin equivalent", just the one and only correct
grass5install.sh for the actual binary distribution.

HTH,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net