[winGRASS] winGRASS/generic windriver

Mike Thomas miketh at brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Thu Jan 10 02:29:30 EST 2002

Hi Markus.

> Today I tried on Win98, the monitor opens, I can display a map
> (tried d.rast), then at 100% the module hangs.
> Mike, does it run well for you? Then I have to fully recompile
> on Win98 as well... Perhaps I have something oldish around.

I haven't tried on Win98 yet as I now use XP at home.  I may get a chance to
tonight as I still have a dual boot W98 setup - I'll let you know if I do.

Works OK on 2000 and XP, with previously noted exceptions regarding programs
like i..points.  I am also getting inconsistent results (menu text doesn't
show on one computer, even though show.fonts.sh works OK) with said
program - may be display adaptor related effects on the libW11 functions
used by the panel code.

Definitely I would recommend rebuilding all the display stuff in case you
are getting problems from X11 stuff. Also make sure that the libW11.dll in
your path is the one from your build.
All test results appreciated.

Cheers

Mike Thomas