[winGRASS] Cannot run nviz

Helmut Muenzing hmc at sflu.com
Fri Aug 22 03:44:56 EDT 2003

Hello to everyone!

I am running Grass 5.00pre3 on Widows XP with CygWin and XwinServer. So far so
good.

While doing the tutorial with the Elsfleth data set, I encountered a problem
with nviz. I cannot open it, but receive the following error message generated
by NVWISH2.2:

<<This application has failed to start because cygtcl80.dll was not found -
Re-installing the application might solve this problem>>

followed by a string of error messages generated by nviz2.2 in the command
window.

Where does this file in question belong to? CygWin, XServer or GRASS?

Had anyone else encountered the same problem?

Regards

Helmut Muenzing