[winGRASS] Installing wingrass and problems with tcltkgrass

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jun 3 07:15:14 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:43:36AM +0200, Alberto Sánchez wrote:
> Hello to all:
> I have installed wingrass 5.0.2 on WinXP through the binary files and I have
> problems with the monitors when I use tcltkgrass (When I open a monitor from
> menu of tlctkgrass, this monitor immediately closes after being opened).
> Could It be better to compile all wingrass instead of installing it through
> the binary files to avoid this problem?
> Thanks!

This problem is known, but not solved. To start a monitor,
also the "select" command must be used with winGRASS.

d.mon start=x0
d.mon select=x0

This works in any case on command line. The other commands
should also work from tcltkgrass.

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
                 http://mpa.itc.it