[winGRASS] Raster Import

Gerry James gjames at bgcengineering.ca
Wed Jun 18 15:23:52 EDT 2003

I am a new user of GRASS and I am operating under the cygwin/xwindows
interface.  I have been trying to import some airphotos into grass but have
had no success.  I have tried the r.in.gdal, r.in.tiff, and even the
r.in.bin commands.  They all appear to import the file ok but when I try to
view using the GUI interface in winGRASS it gives an error specifying:

WARNING: Fail of initial read of compressed file [yale1.image in YALE]
mail: not found
WARNING: unable to open raster map [yale1.image in YALE]
mail: not found
ERROR: Not able to open cellfile for [yale1.image]
mail: not found

Can anyone help

Gerry James
BGC Engineering Inc.