[winGRASS] Compilation errors

Andreas Lange Andreas.C.Lange at GMX.de
Wed Mar 5 17:17:24 EST 2003

Alain Mazurier wrote:

> hi everybody
>
> I have just dowloaded the example "r.example" from
> http://grass.itc.it/grassdevel.html
> and try to compile it
>
> I did it with success on a Solaris 8 environnement.
>
> On "Wingrass" i have this error message (see the end of this email)
>
> i think it is because i don't have a good library (libgis.a).
> I try two kind of library (version Wingrass and version Solaris).
>
> Does somebody have already try it ? Does somebody knows where
> i can find a the library i need ?
> May be what i want to do is not possible whith Cygwin ?
>
> Thanks and have a nice day
>
> Alain
> PS: Sorry for my poor english....
>
> :
> /usr/bin/gcc  -o testGrass main.o
> /usr/local/grass-5.0b/libCoulinec/libgis.a
> main.o(.text+0x1d3):main.c: undefined reference to `_G_gisinit'
> main.o(.text+0x1d8):main.c: undefined reference to `_G_define_module'

Did you compile the complete distribution on cygwin yourself or did you
install the binary distribution?
Is the library libgis.a on your system?
Do you use a Gmakefile to define the library paths (-L, -l)?
If you can compile your program on Solaris, you can compile on cygwin
too, if other conditions are the same.

Andreas