[winGRASS] documentation for winGRASS/cygwin port

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Mar 5 22:51:02 EST 2003

Andreas Lange wrote:

> i plan to do a complete overhaul of the winGRASS documentation.
> Please, if others are working on this, contact me.
> If you have suggestions what needs to be changed, tell me.
> Is there someone who will claim responsibility for the "native" windows
> driver, as i do not support this? Can someone supply a binary
> distribution or tell me how i can create a package which contains only
> the differences?

AFAICT, the differences are limited to:

	driver/XDRIVER
	bin/libG11.dll
	etc/mon.start

If you have built an X11 version (without --enable-w11), to build a
native version you need to:

1. re-run configure with --enable-w11
2. clean the directory:
	src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24
3. remove start.o from src/display/d.mon/pgms
4. build:
	src/display/devices/windows
	src/display/devices/XDRIVER
	src/display/d.mon

The exact details depend upon whether you're using the standard or
alternate build mechanisms.

FWIW, the alternate mechanism is much quicker at building the
documentation on Cygwin, because it uses make's internal timestamp
checking logic rather than repeatedly spawning the etc/getModTime
script (process spawning is *much* slower on Cygwin than on Linux).
The difference is particularly pronounced for rebuilds, where the html
directory may account for half of the total time. Also, the alternate
mechanism builds the documentation last.