[winGRASS] grass on cygwin first run

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sun Jan 11 15:42:53 EST 2004

Glynn,

As always - thank you for your untiring willingness to field these
questions. I just build 5.0.3 on Cygwin (verifying that only the 8.3
xtcltk was installed). The tcltkgrass menus appear to work, but
unfortunately, on launching NVIZ, I get the following error almost
immediately:

===============
child killed: segmentation violation
     while executing
"exec /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
/usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script dem_bulter_creek8ft
vect=road_cl -name NVIZ >&@st..."
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script $argv -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
     invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."
     (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz" line 16)

Best regards,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood