[winGRASS] a grass beginer

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Sep 1 09:21:48 EDT 2004

desa huyk wrote:

> How i can make stand alone applications with GRASS ..( if any tutorial available )
>
> and what are the programing languages which can be used to do this.

Grass is beautiful because almost every command is accessible from the
command prompt. So it can be controlled from any language: shell
scripts, scripting languages like Perl or PHP, or C. The core of Grass
is written in C, TclTk is used for the GUI stuff, and there are a number
of shell scripts.  I think the "GRASS, An Open Source GIS Approach" book
has some discussion of API programming. But just examine the source and
you will have hundreds of examples.

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood