[winGRASS] TclTk grass windows *SLOW* to open

Eric Patton ericrpatton at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:09:37 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I've got Grass 5.0, 5.3, and 5.7 all running concurrently on my PC. I can
start Cygwin and  X-Windows no problem, and all 3 versions of Grass start up
fine. My problem is that the tcltkgrass GUI windows take a tortuously long
time to open, about 5 seconds for each menu window or sub-window. I'm
running XP home edition, got 512 MB of ram, and no other processes running
alongside of Grass. There is really no reason why the GUI should be so slow,
because I've used other PC's of comparable power with no paralyzation of the
GUI.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Eric Patton

to offer.