[winGRASS] Problems with winGRASS Web Links

Randy Schnoes RandyS at mn.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 13:10:50 EDT 2004

I've been working my way toward installing winGRASS.

I'm following the instructions on the Web site
http://grass.itc.it/grass50/binary/windows_cygnus/cygwin_grass50bininstall.html.

I installed the complete cygwin, then uninstalled the cygwin tcl/tk
component.

I next downloaded the winGRASS-specific tcl/tk 8.x libraries from the
linked site
(http://grass.itc.it/grass50/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_xserver/).

However, installing the latest binary distribution for GRASS has me stumped.

The link for the generic winGRASS display driver
(http://grass.itc.it/grass50/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_generic/)
does not provide any binaries to download, just the Parent directory,
copyright information, and news.

The link for winGRASS with the X11 display display driver
(http://grass.itc.it/grass50/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_xserver/) is
exactly the same as the link for the tcl/tk 8.x libraries.  There are no
winGRASS binaries to download there.

I assume the Web page link is incorrect.  It probably was supposed to
point to one site, but accidently points to the tcl/tk site.

Can someone point me to a better URL with accurate winGRASS download
links?  How would you advise me to proceed to obtain the winGRASS
binaries?  Is winGRASS still available for use?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

    Randy