[winGRASS] any help will be appreciated

sijan ahamed sijan4u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 04:06:22 EST 2007

Hi....,
I was trying to compile grass62n for the last 2weeks.
Finally i compiled grass62 on cygwin with reference from specific tutorial
compiling installing from source code..
1.proj4.9
2.gdal1.32
3.grass62

but when i tried to run grass62 from xwin(cygwin )
Gui appeared for entering grassdata----but after entering it is showing some
error"Bad Tk window error"
I searched for the solution to recover from that error and finally found..it
was because tcl/tk coming along with cygwin support win api graphics..it
doesnt support x11 graphics..For that we have to compile and install tcl/tk
from source code..

Before  i was using tcl/tk8.4 installed along with cygwin.so uninstalled it
and compiled and installed tcl/tk from source code.
When i tried to recompile grass62...i ended with many errors in
"v.digit,,raster
modules........"
Then i tried to use tcl/tk 8.3.....ended with same errors.

I am  using following versions
*cygwin 1.5*
*proj4.9*
*gdal 1.32(got many errors when gdal 1.4 was used)*
* grass62*
*x11-6.8.99*
*tcl8.4*
*tk 8.4*