[winGRASS] compiling grass62 on cygwin

sijan ahamed sijan4u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 06:18:34 EST 2007

Hi...,

I am successful to compile grass62 on cygwin1.5.23 without any errors.

but when i tried running grass62 on xwin window(ie,startxwin.sh from cygwin
terminal)..
a GUI window appeared prompting for entering grassdata..
After selecting the location and mapset.-

error:*GRASS 6.2.1 (demo)~child process exited abnormally*

Any help will be appreciated...

I compiled grass62 without installing tcl/tk.
just installed* tcl/tk libraries* provided with cygwin.

When i installed *tcl/tk-grass* package provided with cygwin---I ended up
grass compilation  with errors in so many modules like *v.digit..*

I tried compiling &installing tcl &tk8.4 (seperate package )from source
code..
Then recompiled grass62
but still errors in so many modules..
so removed it.