[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 (Working!) and Slide Show (not working)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 22 11:00:09 EST 2007

You should read the help file for d.slide.show or even open it with it's gui
window. Almost all GRASS modules have very detailed on-line help that
describe their options and often give examples, along with references. This
should be the first place you go to learn how to use any GRASS function.

There is a flag to display vector data. Also, you need to specify how many
images will be shown simultaneously in the display. You set this with the
across= and down= options.

Michael

On 2/22/07 1:46 AM, "yuri bay" <ksh_wong at msn.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I am working on the animation aspect, still could
> not get d.slide.show to work.
>
>> did libpd4 and postgresql come from cygcheck DLL errors or previous
>> discussion? (i.e. are they missing from setup.ini same as jasper, fftw3?)
>
> For the previous cygwin winGRASS installation problem, I have used the
> cygcheck for g.region and the DLL error is cygpg dll cannot be found.
> Searching that on cygwin site gave the libpd4 and postgresql, all the
> mentioned packages are missing on the initial setup.ini.
>
>> are you using this sequence of commands?
>>
>> g.region rast=G_Newmap1
>> d.mon x0
>> d.slide.show prefix=G_Newmap
>
> As for the d.slide.show, I have used the following commands provided because
> I do not have a raster file:
>
> d.mon x0
> d.slide.show prefix=G_Newmap
>
> The xmon window only displayed a number of specified monitors but with
> blanks, i.e. no vector graphics or any graphics displayed. My question are:
>
> 1)  Do I need to create a raster file for the slide show to work.
> 2) What is the usual (correct) behaviour of the d.slide.show function, i.e.
> does it shows the specified vector files each at one time on each of the
> specified monitors?
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best Regards
> Casey