[GRASS-windows] using R with windows native installer GRASS 6.3

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 04:46:38 EDT 2008

Hi Darren,

as I promised you, today I'll try to help you with the GRASS + MySQL issue
on Windows Native; let's start from very basic points:

1. download and install the latest WinGRASS binary release (no need to
uninstall the previous installed version first, the new installer has an
automated upgrade process built-in)

2. follow the steps described here:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass63/binary/mswindows/native/README.html#Build%20GRASS%20From%20Source
but "stop" at the step where I say "Build GRASS referring to this [...]"

up to now, I downloaded the sources and I'm trying to figure out how to
build MySQL libraries in MinGW. This done, the next step (that is building
GRASS enabling the MySQL support) will be (I guess) very easy...

stay tuned,

Marco