[GRASS-windows] Re: [GRASS-user] Xming as X server for winGRASS?

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Thu Mar 13 14:42:46 EDT 2008

Isaac Ullah wrote:
> [...]
>
> Luigi,
> [...]
>     If you are trying to create GRASS scripts that have their own
> displays, it will pay to move beyond BASH/*NIX style scripting with
> X11 monitors for the displays, and move on to scripting languages like
> (WX) Python that have better ways to display things.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Isaac
Dear Isaac,

Thanks for the insightful advice. I am really committed and looking
forward to migrate my bash scripts to Python: where should I start from?
Consider I basically learned bash by writing GRASS scripts and have no
Python experience. When I started to write GRASS scripts, there were a
lot of bash scripts around written as GRASS modules, so I got plenty of
examples at that time. Are you using Python for GRASS batch jobs?
Thanks and regards,

Luigi