[GRASS-windows] GRASS 6.3.0RC5

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Mar 19 18:23:19 EDT 2008

On 19/03/08 17:12, Adam Baker wrote:
> Hi, thanks for responding.
>
> I do have that file, C:\GRASS\tcl-tk\bin\wish.exe. When I run it a
> "console" and a "wish" window pop up.
>
> My grass63.bat file has a line:
>    set GRASS_WISH=wish.exe
> I made a guess and changed it to:
>    set GRASS_WISH=C:\GRASS\tcl-tk\bin\wish.exe
>
> That got me farther: the GRASS startup window appears. However, this
> message is printed to the console:
>
> access: Invalid argument
> ERROR: LOCATION << C:/GRASS/<UNKNOWN> >> not available
>
> And I get a Tcl-looking pop-up box that reads, "Warning: location
> <<UNKNOWN>> at GISDBASE <C:/GRASS> is not a directory or does not
> exist." When I close that, nothing seems wrong (but I wouldn't
> necessarily know, since this is my first interaction the program).

Nothing is wrong, just GRASS telling you that it doesn't have correct
information about a location to use, which is normal for a first
startup. We absolutely have to fix this as it is scary enough to make
people belief something is seriously wrong.

You should not see this message again the next time you run GRASS.

Moritz