R: R: [GRASS-windows] GRASS 6.3.0RC5

Adam Baker adamb924 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:39:11 EDT 2008

Hello all,

First, let me thank you for your help. People like you make open source work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and reproduced the
original problem (in which nothing happens at all).

As before, I modified grass63.bat so that this line:
  GRASS_WISH=wish.exe
Became this:
  GRASS_WISH=%GRASSDIR%\tcl-tk\bin\wish.exe

That produced the same error message as before, after trying to open a dataset.

On a hunch, I tried changing GRASS_WISH back to the original value and
adding %GRASSDIR%\tcl-tk\bin to the system path in grass63.bat, and
now the program runs without incident. (I can load datasets, etc.)

So, to summarize for the sake of people encountering this message in
the archive, my net change was to edit grass63.bat to insert this
line:
  set PATH=%PATH;%GRASSDIR%\tcl-tk\bin
Just before this line:
  set GRASS_WISH=wish.exe

That is probably something that could be changed about the
distribution. (?) I don't know why the problem arises on my system and
not on others, but I don't believe the above would harm anything.

Thanks again,
Adam