[GRASS-windows] failed installation of cygwin and GRASS on windows XP

Ljuba Veselinova ljuba12 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:22:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>         Start -> Programs -> Cygwin -> Cygwin Bash Shell
>
>  It's the black and green "C" icon.

There are several things that have the appearance of a black and green
C icon. I managed to get to Cygwin bash shell by using the desktop
shortcut suggested by the installation. However, that too gives me
error message. I am appending a screen shot.

>  If the X server is running, there will be an X icon in on the
>  right-hand side of the task bar. If so, quit it and try again.
>
>  Also, firewall software can sometimes interfere with the X server.

There is no X icon on the task bar. My firewall is turned off.

Thanks again!

Ljuba

>  --

Ljuba Veselinova
Dept of Linguistics, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden

"We learn by going where we want to go."
 Julia Cameron