[GRASS-windows] Features not yet implemented

Peter Brooks peter at timedworld.com
Sun Aug 9 14:40:58 EDT 2009

Hi... I'm new to GRASS but not to GIS.  Downloaded 6.4, and got to
grips with the wxPython GUI, which seems a lot more intuitive than
the TclTk GUI.

I bought the comprehensive (but pricey) 'OPEN SOURCE GIS - A GRASS
GIS Approach' and am running through the examples but it seems a lot
of commands don't work in the new GUI... even d.erase comes back with
"Command 'd.erase' not yet implemented." (although there is a button
in the map display window that does just that!)

I also run a Mac and the same thing happens with the new GUI on that.

Does anyone know why this is, and when (or in what version) it is
likely to be fixed?  It is a little disconcerting to a new user
running through the book (yeah, I know it is Windows, and software on
that platform is meant to be full of bugs :-)

Many thanks
Peter