[GRASS-windows] PYTHONPATH forgotten in Init.sh

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:06:20 EDT 2009

I compiled grass using the instructions on
http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.html a
while ago and have been using it to develop r.walk, r.cost and r.drain
on my vista box. However, until today I couldn't get the wxpython
interface to work. I finally figured out that it was a simple
PYTHONPATH issue.

While PYTHONPATH is defined as $GISBASE/etc/python in Init.sh, it was
being somehow forgotten shortly after. I was getting error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:/MinGW/msys/local/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/wxgui.py", line
66, in <module>
   import grass
ImportError: No module named grass

I added a PYTHONPATH line to the grass65 script and it has fixed it,
but I thought someone might want to look at that, or at least add it
to the wingrass native building instructions.

(I know under windows technically I should start grass with
grassxx.bat, but doing that how do you keep your terminal accessible?)

-Colin