[GRASS-windows] Grass and Vista

Bob English bobengl at gmail.com
Fri May 1 12:18:14 EDT 2009

Hi All,

A few of weeks ago, I downloaded and installed QGIS and GRASS using
the OSGeo4W setup program on Windows Vista Business.  Like others (I
looked at the bug reports), I've had trouble using the GRASS plugin
for QGIS.  I also experience crashes of GRASS.  I installed GRASS 6.4
ORC4 on Vista, and that version works fairly well by itself, although
I'm not able to connect to my PostgreSQL database as of yet (perhaps a
Vista file permission problem?).

My question is have the outstanding Vista bugs been solved and
incorporated into the current OSGeo4W setup version so that GRASS and
QGIS work together?  If not, is there any information on when this
might happen?

Thanks,
Bob

--