[GRASS-windows] Using Script files in GRASS6.4

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Fri Nov 20 07:23:12 EST 2009

Greetings All

I'm reading GRASS book and I stopped at "9.2 Script programming". Since
i'm using Windows this is not as straightforward as it's in LINUX/UNIX
but...
I wrote a file with d.rast.region and put it in GRASS script folder.
Then, in GRASS6.4 using wxpython I put in the command line d.rast.region
and the error was "Execution failed: d.rast.region.exe". But there are
others scripts , e.g. i.tasscap, that can be run like that. Then, I
realized that in bin directory there is a i.tasscap.bat. That bat file
had the command to run msys sh and compile the  bash file.
So, I decided to create a d.rast.region file in /bin/ with the following
command:
@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"%GISBASE%/scripts/d.rast.region" %*'

But, unfortunately I got the same error message.
What am I doing wrong?

Note: I know I shouldn't have this script in script/ folder but...

Best regards,
Antonio Rocha

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4624 (20091120) __________

http://www.eset.com