[GRASS-windows] crash when starting without .grassrc6 file

Martin Mainzer martmai at gmx.de
Wed Oct 28 06:08:24 EDT 2009

Hello,

I realized today (on a mulit-user workstation, windows xp), that there
is a problem with the wxpython GUI when starting without .grassrc6 file.
When I delete my .grassrc6 file and start the wxpython GUI, grass
crashes at startup (after closing the dialog for the path to the GIS
data directory). Starting GRASS without a .grassrc6 file but with the
tcltk GUI works and saves a new .grassrc6 file as expected. I have no
idea what causes this problem.
I also found the same behavior on a W2k machine. All with the latest
binary (WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r39626-1-Setup.exe).

Martin