[GRASS-windows] crash when starting without .grassrc6 file

Martin Mainzer martmai at gmx.de
Wed Oct 28 08:48:15 EDT 2009

Martin Mainzer schrieb am 28.10.2009 11:08:
> Hello,
>
> I realized today (on a mulit-user workstation, windows xp), that there
> is a problem with the wxpython GUI when starting without .grassrc6 file.
> When I delete my .grassrc6 file and start the wxpython GUI, grass
> crashes at startup (after closing the dialog for the path to the GIS
> data directory). Starting GRASS without a .grassrc6 file but with the
> tcltk GUI works and saves a new .grassrc6 file as expected. I have no
> idea what causes this problem.
> I also found the same behavior on a W2k machine. All with the latest
> binary (WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r39626-1-Setup.exe).
>
> Martin
Hello again

Now, the same problem occurred with an old .grassrc6 file from GRASS 6.3
on an windows XP machine. When starting the wxpython gui there was a
crash, after selecting the path to the GIS data directory. The solution
was to start once with the old tcltk GUI so that a new .grassrc6 file
was written, and then afterwards it was also possible to start the
wxpython GUI.

Martin