[GRASS-windows] Compileon Windows- Error #1

Kim Besson kimbesson1981 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 07:12:04 EDT 2010

Greetings

I'm using this tutorial (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows)
to compile GRASS on windows through OSGEO4W.

I'm installing in osgeo folder (instead of osgeo4W) because I have already
one installation in there and I don't want to loose it). I thinks it's not
working well byut I need to keep this version and installation.

1- Is this OK? Or I really need to install in a folder called c:\osgeo4w?
2- Can I have 2 osgeo4w installations in the same machine? (I believe so...)

2- While I'm compiling GRASS6.4 in osgeo I'm getting this error:
checking for curses.h... yes
checking curses.h WINDOW structure component... _maxy
checking for initscr in -lncurses... no
checking for initscr in -lcurses... configure: error: *** Unable to locate
curses library.
no

What files/package am I missing?
Thanks