[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass - MinGW problem

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Thu Nov 3 05:57:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

> >>Replying to hellik: {{{ gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec
> `cc1':
> No suchfile or directory }}} what >>does this mean? Helmut
> >>
> >>these exes are in C:\OSGeo4W\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5 ....
>
> in your log-file I can only see:
>
>  Directory of
> C:\OSGeo4W\gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-3\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5

Oh yes, thats what was missing but as I followed
the wiki ("copy the subfolders to the RELATED subfolders in osgeo4w") and
there was no subfolder libexec I didn't copy it. After copying it, the process works fine.

I do have already a osgeo user-id and I can log into the wiki page but I don't know how to add this information (that also the libexec folders must be copied from mingw32-make and mingw-runtime although the don't exist in the osgeo4w directory by default).

So far so good, and it seems that configure and install worked out.
During this process I get two times following error:

m.nviz.image.exe System Error
MSVCR90.dll missing ... please install it...

Is that an important Error message? And how can I solve it?

And the other question is concerning the startup?
As stated in the wiki the directory /osgeo4w/apps/grass/bin/grass65 isn't
existing. The "preinstalled" GRASS 6.4.2RC1 icons are pointing to
C:\OSGeo4W\bin\grass64.bat -wxpython. Probably that has to be corrected in the wiki as well.

When I want to start my new compiled GRASS 6.5SVN I get following error (no difference if starting with or without -wxpython):

Starting GRASS ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line 35
in <module>
from gui_modules import globalvar
File "c:\OsGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.5.svn\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\globalvar.py",
line 31, in <module>
import grass.script as grass
ImportError: No module named grass.script
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please report this error...
...Hit RETUREN to continue....

Redirection is not supported.

I had to type the text by hand as I don't know how to copy from the mysys-console.
What is causing the error? Has that something to do with the Error during the compilation?

I attached the final package.log, maybe there is something which points to my problem.

best regards,
Johannes