[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass - MinGW problem

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Nov 4 09:32:36 EDT 2011

>I do have already a osgeo user-id and I can log into the wiki page but I
don't know how to add this
>information

login in http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows with your
osgeo-id, scroll down the long page,
there is a "Edit this page"-button.

>So far so good, and it seems that configure and install worked out.
>During this process I get two times following error:
>
>m.nviz.image.exe System Error
>MSVCR90.dll missing ... please install it...

see
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2011-October/056249.html
[GRASS-dev] Re: compiling wingrass (branches, trunk) - problems with missing
msvcrt90.dll

>And the other question is concerning the startup?
>As stated in the wiki the directory /osgeo4w/apps/grass/bin/grass65 isn't
>existing. The "preinstalled" GRASS 6.4.2RC1 icons are pointing to
>C:\OSGeo4W\bin\grass64.bat -wxpython. Probably that has to be corrected in
the wiki as well.

feel free to improve the wiki

HTH
Helmut