[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass - MinGW problem

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Nov 7 08:22:40 EST 2011

Hi,

> login in http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows with your
> osgeo-id, scroll down the long page,
> there is a "Edit this page"-button.

thank you! I'll update the lines in the wiki ...

> >m.nviz.image.exe System Error
> >MSVCR90.dll missing ... please install it...
> see
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2011-October/056249.html
> [GRASS-dev] Re: compiling wingrass (branches, trunk) - problems with
> missing msvcrt90.dll

I found that and went back to an older version of libtiff as recommended.

> RETUREN to continue....
> >
> >Redirection is not supported.
>
> have you more than one python installed at your box?

Yes there is a python26 folder which is used by arcgis.
My main python is 2.7 which is in c://pyhton27. This is
also the python which should be used by the GRASS as there
are all the addtional python packages I need in my scripts.
The python26 is only for ArcGIS (will be hopefully deinstalled
in future)

> please have a look in your log-file:
>
> Started compilation: Thu Nov  3 09:00:36 CEST 2011
> --
> Errors in:
> /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/lib/python
> /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/gui/icons
> /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/gui/images
> /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/gui/wxpython/scripts
> --
> In case of errors please change into the directory with error and run
> 'make'.
>
> If you get multiple errors, you need to deal with them in the order they
> appear in the error log.  If you get an error building a library, you will
>  also get errors from anything which uses the library.

After downgrading to the old libtiff, make distclean etc. and reconfigure and compile (no problems anymore with the msvcrt90.dll etc.) I got the same 4 error in the error.log.
Thus I changed into the first directory and just typed make. Thats what I did and get:

Johannes Radinger at JOHANNES /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/lib/python
$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `|', needed by `/osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn                                           /dist.i686-pc-mingw32/etc/python/grass/script/core.py'.  Stop.

I don't know what that means? Is it as simple as to just type make?

best regards,
Johannes