[GRASS-windows] RE: Compiling WINGrass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Nov 12 06:00:37 EST 2011

Johannes Radinger wrote:

> and what does the output mean when I run make:
>
> > Johannes Radinger at JOHANNES /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/lib/python
> > $ make
> > make: *** No rule to make target `|', needed by
> > `/osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn
> > /dist.i686-pc-mingw32/etc/python/grass/script/core.py'.  Stop.

It means that you need GNU make 3.81.

Originally, the policy was to require 3.81 for 7.0 but ensure that 6.x
works with older versions. I don't know whether that policy has been
abandoned, or if it's just a case of careless back-porting from 7.0.

[CC to grass-dev for clarification; I think that we discussed this
fairly recently, but I don't recall the outcome.]