FDO Incubation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 23:35:15 EST 2006

Folks,

FDO has also requested incubation as a distinct project from MapGuide,
as we more or less encouraged should happen in earlier incubator
discussions.

However, before a formal motion can be made, we need a mentor to step
forward for the project.

Keep in mind we now have a requirement that mentors can only mentor
one project at a time, so current mentors are ineligable.  Folks outside
the committee would be eligible, but we would need to decide to also
admit them to the committee.  In my opinion we should aim to select mentors
with a respectible understanding of the incubation process.

Also, Bob, could you answer the incubation questionaire and submit it to the
application at incubator.osgeo.org mailing list?