[Incubator] New Projects - TODO

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 13:49:56 EST 2007

Folks,

I notice that neither GeoNetwork nor OpenLayers have created their
incubation status documents, so I have taken the liberty of creating
stubs from a template.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GeoNetwork_Incubation_Status
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OpenLayers_Incubation_Status

The full official process of incubation page are at:
   http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/index.html

The main action item for projects at this point is:

  o Iron out the governance for the project.  This may mean forming a
    project steering committee or something similar, but basically there
    needs to be a well documented body in charge of the project.

  o Perform a code provenance review, and resolve any issues that come out
    of that.  Ensure that some clear scheme for vetting contributions and
    ensuring contributors are aware what they are doing is in place.

  o Work to adhere to the General Principles of Incubation:
       http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/principles.html

Once this is done, and has had time to be institutionalized in the project,
it is up to the mentor to suggest the project is ready for graduation and
the committee will evaluate it.