[Incubator] discussion and actions from agm

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 21:24:41 PDT 2021

I attended the board meeting following the AGM last month, and it was so
early I do not quite remember what was said :D I wanted to follow up with
some of our unanswered questions over the course of the year, and emerged
with the following: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2021-10-03

   - portals: I was not very effective at explaining what a portal was so
   the board is going to chat with the project team directly. They also
   wondered if these projects fit effectively with the open data team.
      - [ACTION]: Setup a meeting with the board and GISCollective
      <https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/116>
   - copyleft-equality: topic was discussed, moving to "the next" meeting
   and perhaps invite bruce

The board also asked for an update on the incubation committee, and noted
the number of incubation projects that have not made progress (quite
visible in the AGM updates).

   - The osgeo community initiative is doing a good job at providing a
   quick on-ramp to join the foundation
   - With requirements for checking headers, code of conduct, etc... many
   of the community projects have already taken on some of the difficult steps
   required of incubation
   - And some tough discussion on how to manage:
      - The  "osgeo lab" projects such as GeoWebCache (where I am a
      committer) which have not met the requirements for for the community
      initiative
      - By the same token projects that have not shown an interest in
      completing incubation